Living with a skateboarder photographer fiance is interesting and extremely eye opening. He's a quasi pack-rat, but also extremely proud. He holds onto each and every magazine his photos have ever been featured in (and let me tell you, there are a lot!). Good thing I'm a huge fan of bookshelves (and his work, obviously), because we've found that the magazines fit perfectly in each little cubby hole that makes up an IKEA Expedit bookshelf. The more they start piling up, the more creative I'm becoming in storing them throughout our home. Whether we've put them in frames on the wall, or packed more cubby holes — I'm still looking for more unique solutions. Good thing I've found some:
• 10+ Magazine Storage Solutions offers up a great way to store your favorite magazines (12 of them) in a vintage Coke crate. I actually have one of these and it makes me want to try this in my own home. My fiance is a huge magazine collector (mostly the magazines in which his photographs have been featured) and it would be neat to feature the best in this crate!
• 6 Creative Magazine Holders is interesting and unique. It may not fly with everyone, but if you're a little fun and quirky (and don't mind visitors sitting down and reading) this is a fun option.
• Well Organized Collections spotlights an interesting solution to an overwhelming magazine collection. Store them behind the couch! I mean really, it's genius — sit down, pick out some reading material and melt away.
• A Unique Way to Display and Store Your Magazines touches upon an important part of owning a collection. Sometimes you come across a magazine and you fall in love. Maybe it's your favorite celebrity gracing the cover or maybe it's your first magazine feature — either which way, this magazine will stay in your life forever and you want as many people to see it as possible. It's a work of art and it needs to be displayed — this is a great option for that.
• Using Curtain Wire for Magazines! this option may not be ideal for a magazine collection, but for those who enjoy reading while doing their business, this is a great solution. The installation of the curtain wire is unobtrusive and the magazines hang perfectly.
How do you store your magazine collection>
Images: 2. Flickr member moline via Apartment Therapy LA Flickr Group Pool, 4. Kyle / Knight Moves, 5. Kyle Freeman