If you've browsed through a few digital magazines, you'll know the experience and quality can range widely. Most magazines are merely carbon-copy, page-to-PDF exports, often in low resolution. However, some publishers are seizing the opportunity to take advantage of the possibilities digital tablets offer: interactivity, embedded videos, high resolution images spanning across pages, outgoing links, etc.
Notable tablet format features include:
- Answering quizzes in the app like a game.
- Exclusive interviews and video offerings.
- "Tap to email" buttons for recipes and articles.
- Personal scrapbooking.
- Scrollable table of contents with direct links to features.
- Social sharing.
- Changing, updateable content.
Here's a list of some magazines I've tried (in no particular order) that make full use of your tablet's capabilities fora more engaging experience. And a bonus: you're saving a tree each time you skip the printed edition for a digital-only experience! Chris Perez)