This weekend, I was hanging out with a friend while she waited for the movers to arrive with her stuff. The first piece in was her beloved Saarinen table. It's survived 7 moves and 15 years, its marble top gleaming. Here's how to keep your own stuff glowing from year to year:
- The Grout Chore, Part 1 and Part 2: Grout can make or break the look of your bathroom. Here are some tips on maintaining it, plus a quick how to touch it up
- How to Fix A Slow Draining Sink: What to do when the sink gets clogged up (use this tip regularly to keep your drain flowing).
- How To Clean Your Bathroom With A Grapefruit And Salt: Use this method to keep all your porcelain fixtures not only clean but fresh smelling.
- The Perfect Sink Cleaning Tip: Another method to try if grapefruits don't cut it.
Your Living Spaces
- How To Clean Every Type Of Carpet Stain: Attacking stains as they occur helps your carpet look good and last longer.
- Make Your Own All Natural Carpet Refresher: Once you've cleaned it, here's how to keep it fresh smelling.
- How To Take Care Of Your Danish Modern Score: Tips for keeping your awesome find in tip top shape.
- How To: Wash A Pillow: IWe wash our pillows regularly. Here's how to wash yours.
- How To: Clean Your Lampshades: Keeping them clean requires more than the occassional flick of the duster
- How To Clean Silver With Ketchup: Sometimes the silliest sounding tips are the best.
- Tip: Shine Stainless Steel With Flour: If your dream kitchen has a row of shiny cookware hanging above the stove but your own cookware's far from gleaming, try this trick to get closer to Nirvana.
- How To: Clean A Cast Iron Skillet: How to clean this kitchen workhorse.
- How To: Refinish A Butcher Block: TLC for this indispensable tool.
- Marble Surface Protection: Whether the marble's on your countertops or your Saarinen table, more tips for keeping it in tip top shape.
- Green Clean Your Grill Without Lifting A Finger: Now that barbeque season's winding down, clean your grill so it'll be ready for you next summer.