Shopping for flatware can be so much fun. It's a personal experience that allows you to entertain the possibility of being someone else for a moment — because flatware comes in so many different styles. Deciding on a style can be somewhat challenging due to the large variety, but if you're looking to make a statement, consider modern. There's something so intriguing about modern flatware. The shapes are long and narrow (somethings even a tad clunky!) yet still utilitarian enough for use. If you're looking for an inexpensive set of modern flatware, try IKEA's 365+ for $24.99. We use this flatware and it has stood the test of time and we've actually received complements on the pieces!
Here are some more options for making a statement with modern flatware:
• Pattern 451 Flatware, CB2 $49.95
• David Mellor Cafe, Heath Ceramics $65.00
• 20-Piece Olivier Flatware Set, Crate and Barrel $269.95
• Arne Jacobsen Flatware, MoMA $115.00
• Certo Table Flatware By Gollnick and Trauernicht For Carl Mertens, Unica Home $230.00
Image credit as linked above