We have discovered that often, when we find a tutorial on how to turn something into something else, it looks a little...well...crafty. That's why, when we discovered this vase on WikiHow, we were instantly smitten. It's elegant enough to find pride of place on our coffee or dining room table. Once you get the hang of the technique, it's a project we could easily see making as gifts
- Cut the bottle about 3 inches above where you want the top to be
- Measure and make evenly spaced cuts all around the bottle
- Press open the cut strips on a tabletop to ensure an even edge
- Fold and crease a strip at an angle and weave it over the strip next to it and under the next two.
- Fold and crease the next strip. Weave this one over two and under one.
- Fold and crease the third strip. Weave it over one and under two as you did with the first strip.
- Continue folding, creasing and weaving the strips in the 1 - 2, 2 -1 pattern until the last three.
- Fold and crease the last thee and tuck each one under the one next to it until woven in completely
- Fill with water, add your flowers and you're good to go.
For the full set of instructions, plus a video which shows an alternative method, click here