Is this dreary gray winter getting you down? If so, wipe off your boots and brighten up your home with this easy DIY wooden doormat from Martha Stewart.
The image on the left is the original concept from Martha Stewart, but we're loving the colorful photoshopped version we found at Say Yes to Hoboken. All you need are a few tools, sixteen 2x2 boards, and rope. If you like the original version leave the mahogany or cedar boards plain (or stained/sealed). But, if you want something a little more vibrant and unique, just add some coats of paint in the colors of your choice.
• Wooden Doormat at Martha Stewart
• Colorful Version at Say Yes to Hoboken
MORE DOORMATS ON APARTMENT THERAPY:
• 7 Doormats You Can Make For Yourself
• Look! DIY Doormat Using Flor Carpet Samples
• Diana's Upcycled Doormat
• 10 Ways to Deal with Slushy Shoes
• Wooden Mats that Double as Boot Trays
(Images: Martha Stewart, Say Yes to Hoboken)