Lockable casters are one of the simplest ways to modify your furniture. They're inexpensive, easy to install, and they can transform a table or ottoman into a multipurpose piece of furniture that easily moves to the spot where it's needed.
Here are a few inspiring examples of casters put to use. Follow the links for more information on each project.
- 1 The always-creative Splatgirl of Modern in MN made a custom industrial-style table using bright red casters. Read the details of her project here.
- 2 Martha Stewart provides step-by-step instructions for transforming a lidded basket into a movable organizer and side table.
- 3 Over at Apartment Therapy Boston, Kyle added casters to an ottoman to make it more functional. (We also love that striped upholstery!)
- 4 You can make a hidden home office from two hinged bookcases on casters. For the how-to from Martha Stewart, click here.
- 5 Add casters to an apple crate to make a rolling recycling bin. This idea comes from Living Etc.
Photos: Splatgirl, Martha Stewart Living, Kyle Freeman, Martha Stewart Living, Living Etc.