One sure way to give your kid the royal treatment on their birthday is to present them with a birthday crown. They can wear it year after year or on any day they need to feel a little special. We've rounded up five great tutorials to help you make your own as well as five of our favorites for sale on Etsy at the moment.Buy It: (bottom row)
You'll find many felt and fabric birthday crowns for sale on Etsy. Try these search terms: "birthday crown," "felt crown," or "birthday hat." Each of these sellers below has other great crowns in their shops to check out.
• Woodland Fairy Crown sakura, $20 by The Rice Babies (50% of proceeds goes to Japanese relief aide)
• Mateo Fabric Boys Crown, $20 by Sweet Violet Jane
• The Spun Candy Fabric Crown, $20 by Melissa Mullinex
• Sir Frogimus Hoppington Crown, $17 by the Merry Crown Society
• Wool Felt Crown, $18 by Dream Child Studio
Make It: (top row)
Many of these crowns share the same basic construction, but have different shapes and embellishments. All of these crafters have wonderful blogs worth exploring.
• 1 Crown Tutorial by Nicole of Frontier Dreams
• 2 Crown Tutorial by Jessica of Juicy Bits
• 5 Princess Birthday Hat Tutorial (not technically a crown, but too cute not to include!) by Cindy of Skip to My Lou
Editors Note: This is adapted from a post written 11/19/2009. The crowns for sale have been updated.