One sure way to give your kid the royal treatment on their birthday is to present them with a birthday crown. They can wear it year after year or on any day they need to feel a little special. We've rounded up five great tutorials to help you make your own as well as five of our favorites for sale on Etsy at the moment.
Make It: (top row)
Many of these crowns share the same basic construction, but have different shapes and embellishments. All of these crafters have wonderful blogs worth exploring.
• 1 Crown Tutorial by Nicole of Frontier Dreams
• 2 Crown Tutorial by Jessica of Juicy Bits
• 5 Princess Birthday Hat Tutorial (not technically a crown, but too cute not to include!) by Cindy of Skip to My Lou
Buy It: (bottom row)
You'll find the for-sale birthday crowns on Etsy. Try these search terms: "birthday crown," "felt crown," or "birthday hat." Each of these sellers below has other great crowns in their shops to check out.
• 6 Woodland Fairy Tiara ($14) by Her Flying Horses
• 7 Flower Crown ($20) by Sarah's Sweet's
• 8 Alice in Wonderland ($25) by The Rice Babies
• 9 Wool Felt Birthday Crown ($26) by Paper and Cloth Stash
• 10 Wool Felt Crown ($28) by Dream Child Studio