In the center of a room in a seating arrangement, a red chair will tie a space together, and along the wall in a vignette the color red will keep a piece from becoming a wallflower. If you don't believe us, just check out the evidence found in recent Apartment Therapy house tours:
1) A lone pop of red in Leslie's Mid Century Optimism.
2) A perfect pair of red chairs in Alarick & Kristine's Power Pop Flat.
3) Subtle red-orange in Clytie & Claudia's Storied Pieces.
4) Large and in charge in Regina & Hardy's Jack + Jill Heyday Home.
5) A bold and glossy pair in Alec & David's Love in Hell's Kitchen.
6) Red and coordinating in David and John's Return Engagement.
7) Low and functional in Tina Wilson's Striking Style.
8) Mid-Century one-off in Wendy's Live-In Speakeasy Salon.
9) No wallflowers here: Shayne, Andrew & Family's Eclectic 100-Year-Old Home.
10) Bold and saturated in Cherry & Jeff Create a Home in Hong Kong.
(Images: Bethany Nauert, Arden Myrin, Tara Bellucci, Marcia Prentice, Alec & David, Patrick J. Hamilton; Sarah Dobbins, Patrick J. Hamilton, Marcia Prentice and Jill Slater)