My husband and I have been looking for an unobtrusive desk to create a dedicated workspace for him in our small sitting room. Multi-tasking rooms such as ours call for something that makes smart use of limited space. After the jump, find 10 space-saving options in a range of prices.
Depending on your style, room, and budget, there are many ways you can make an added-in workspace work. For a minimal and modern look, consider something clear and streamlined, such as this acrylic console (Image 2). If you can go wider or taller than you can deep, consider a wall-mounted shelf desk (Images 1, 6, and 10). To truly multitask, consider a piece than can double as a side or entry table or nightstand.
1. Quello Table by Phil Procter, £800 (approximately $1,250)
2. Peekaboo Clear Console from CB2, $379
3. Alameda Laptop Table from World Market, $79.99
4. Micke desk from Ikea, $49
5. Manchester Wood Shaker Secretary Desk from Wayfair, $272.99
6. Mash Studios Writing Desk from 2Modern, $720
7. Parsons Mini Desk from West Elm, $249
8. Rattan Desk from Pottery Barn, $299
9. Modern Industrial Small Desk by Etsy seller Urban Wood Goods, $425
10. Helix Wall-Mounted Desk from CB2, $249
(Images: As linked above)