You know the saying: give someone a fish and they eat for a day. But teach that person to fish and they eat for a lifetime? Wise words, and completely applicable to IKEA hacks. Because, we can show you good examples of “Before & After" projects all day long but, sooner or later young lady, you’ll find yourself standing in front of a broke-down MALM dresser and you won’t know what to do. And then where are you going to be? Huh? Can you answer me that?
Here’s the ultimate guide to refinishing, drilling, upholstering, painting, customizing, and cutting IKEA furniture.
- How to paint laminate furniture from Little Green Notebook
- IKEA white paint formula from Decor Chick
- How to gold leaf metal from The Hunted Interior
- How to spray paint metal from Better Homes & Gardens
- How to stain a dresser from 551 East Design
- How to whitewash a Fjell wardrobe from Thinking Closet
- How to wallpaper a bookcase from Overthrow Martha
- How to decoupage an IKEA dresser from Dag 2 Dag
- Pre-made slipcovers for IKEA furniture from Comfort Works, Bemz, Cover Couch, Fresh Knesting & Weu Weu.
- How to dye an IKEA slipcover in the washing machine, from Decor to Adore
- How to dye an IKEA slipcover in a tub, from The Hip Soiree.
- How to customize your IKEA slipcovers from It’s Great To Be Home
- How to cover an wooden IKEA bed frame in felt from Manhattan Nest.
- How to upholster an EXPEDIT with a curtain panel from IKEA Hackers.
HACK HOW TOs & FIXES
- How To: Make Perfect, Chip-Free Cuts in Melamine and Veneer from Curbly
- Gluing Tips from Instructables
- How to Cut Metal from Project Palermo
- How to Drill Through Laminate from San Francisco Gate
- How to Repair Painted Laminate Furniture from Frulou