Skill Level: Easy
Time Required: 1 hour
Project Cost: $3.99
If you can sew a straight line, you can have a set of napkins to give to your favorite holiday hostess, or pal with a new apartment. Kaley took a pack of dishtowels and made them a more manageable size for laps.
- A pack of Elly Dishtowels from Ikea
- An iron
- A sewing machine or needle & thread
- Unroll each dishtowel. Using the crease already in the middle of each towel, cut each in half. Cut off the tag.
- On the edge that you just cut, fold it over twice to make a nice hem, and iron it down.
- Sew a straight line along the ironed hem.
- Repeat with all 8 pieces.
- Stack the 8 napkins and roll them or fold them and tie a cute ribbon or twine around them.
- You can put them in a cute basket or pot or just gift them as is.
Thanks to Kaley for sharing the Cloth Napkins gift idea. Check out Kaley's blog for more of her creativity and style.
All this month, Apartment Therapy is featuring homemade gift ideas made and submitted by you, the readers. Check back every day for a new project, or head over here to see all the DIY gift ideas.