Maker: James Angus
Skill Level: Easy
Time Required: 5-10 minutes each
Project Cost: $0-$5
'Tis the season for the fragrant scent of pine. Whether you grab clippings from your yard, your Christmas tree, a wreath, or a garland, stash these sachets in a drawer to keep that holiday cheer for a few extra months.
- Freshly fallen pine needles
- Tartan scraps in 6-inch squares
- Sewing machine, or needle and thread
- Place two squares of fabric with the fronts together.
- Sew three of the edges, and turn your sachet right side in.
- Stuff the sachet with pine needles. Sew the fourth edge closed.
- Stack a couple and tie with a satin ribbon.
Thanks to James for sharing the Pine Sachet gift idea. Check out his blog, The Cavender Diary for more of his creativity and style.
All this month, Apartment Therapy is featuring homemade gift ideas made and submitted by you, the readers. Check back every day for a new project, or head over here to see all the DIY gift ideas.
(Image credits: The Cavender Diary)