Suki's Seattle house call, and it was also featured in her Small/Cool 2011 entry. We had quite a few readers requesting a tutorial on how Suki made this fun and quirky TP holder, so without further ado here it is laid out for you step by step... Here are the steps:
- Scour your favorite vintage spots for a good old-timey phone.
- Remove all of the phone's guts completely to make it as light as possible.
- Get rid of any knobs or feet on the bottom of the phone to make it flat and smooth. This may involve a little sanding.
- Next, clean the surface of the phone and the wall you are going to adhere it to.
- To attach the phone use double-sided adhesive foam tape or an epoxy for a more permanent hold. Just make sure it's secure and can hold up to 4lbs of weight.
- Then attach some kind of ribbon or fastening mechanism around the neck of the phone to hold up your toilet paper roll. Suki used a garter belt that she bought in Tokyo. Make sure whatever you use can easily be opened and closed in order to change toilet paper rolls.
- Lastly, go get your favorite toilet paper to put on your new cute dispenser!