Side tables are unsung heroes of the living room. They don't take up a lot of space, but their myriad uses are make them irreplaceable members of your furniture family. There's always room for another, which is why this $15 (or less!) DIY version is completely worthy. Extra bowls of popcorn now have a home, and your legs get a welcome reprieve from your laptop.
What You Need
- 4 brackets
- Square wooden dowels
- Large tile
- Silicone glue
- Wood glue
- Small nails
- Wood Stain
- Pressure clamps
1. Cut 4 pieces to make a square shape whose dimensions are the same as the tile you gonna use for the top.
2. Screw the 4 dowels together with the brackets, leaving the gap on each corner.
3. Cut 4 dowels pieces to make the table legs. (16" is a standard height for side tables but you can adapt the dimensions as needed.)
4. Put a dowel at each corner of the square, nail and glue them together.
5. Cut 3 extra pieces to rigidify the structure, nail and glue 2 between the feet. Fix the last one transversely.
6. Last step, fix the tile on the structure. Put some silicone glue on the top, place the tile and pressure them together to have a good adherence.
For more step-by-step photos, along with the full tutorial, head over to Oh Oh Blog.
Thanks for sharing Ama!
Have a really great DIY project or tutorial that you want to share with others? Let us know! We love checking out what you're making these days, and learning from our readers. When you're ready, click here to submit your project and photos.