If you're lucky enough to own an outdoor space—even the tiniest of balconies will do—you should be able to enjoy it throughout the fall, even as the nights start to get chillier. To help you savor every last drop of summer and transition into autumn, we've collected everything you'll need to get your outdoor space cool-weather ready, such as a soft blanket, a warm rug, and glowing string lights. Here's to a never-ending season of fun.
1. Malibu Creations Padded Swing Chair Hammock, $22. With this comfy chair hammock on your balcony, you may be tempted to stay outside all night.
2. Hudson's Bay Company Polar Fleece Throw, $45. Hudson's Bay may be known for their wool, but this fleece blanket will keep you just as warm, at a much lower price.
3. Wragby Fire Pit, from Wayfair, $54. If you have a backyard and live in a town that permits fire pits, this affordable option is going to bring you right back to summer camp. For more of our favorites, check out our Fire Pits and Chimineas Annual Guide.
4. Haven Indoor / Outdoor Rug, from Joss & Main, $15. A soft outdoor rug will help keep bare feet warm.
5. Target Indoor/Outdoor Silver Bulb String Lights, $21 for 10 bulbs. Linger outside longer under the gentle glow of silvered string lights.
6. Poinciana Outdoor Chair Cushion, from Cost Plus World Market, $15. Adding a soft, inexpensive cushion to wood or metal chairs will make them more comfortable—and much warmer.
7. Landen Small Black Metal Lantern, from Pier 1 Imports, $15. When the sun starts to set earlier in the evening, just light a candle in this pretty metal lantern.
8-9. Tarno Table and Chair, from IKEA, $20 and $15. Even as it gets too cold to sunbathe, you can still enjoy dinners outdoors if you make a modest investment in a simple outdoor seating set. I bought this one at IKEA last summer, and it's probably one of the best $35 I've ever spent.