Every once in a while it's nice to pamper yourself and your hair with a great treatment. Rather than shelling out for a store bought option, which is likely full of chemically things and housed in yet another plastic container, why not try this incredibly easy recipe? It's a fantastic way to put that over-ripe banana or avocado to good use!
What You Need...
Banana or Avocado
1-2 tbsp of olive, coconut or grape seed oil (optional)
Tea towel or shower cap
What To Do...
1. Place peeled banana/avocado and oil in the bowl, mash until smooth.
2. Apply the mixture to dry hair, starting from the tips. Massage into roots.
3. Pin up hair and wrap in the tea towel/shower cap.
4. Leave for 15 minutes. This is a great time for a quick cleaning blitz—the heat from your scalp helps the hair soak up the treatment!
5. Wash out the mixture with shampoo and rinse in cool water.
A big thanks to my good friend and renegade hairstylist, Nickie Des Roches for this ingenious tip!
(Image: MaryAnne Petrella)