- Clean the rolls by removing any labels or leftover paper.
- Mark the rolls by using a ruler and pencil to mark the width of each ring will help you keep the cuts straight and level. Make different sizes to add interest and dimension.
- Cut the tubes into rings using an X-acto knife and/or scissors.
- Trace circles around the ring to mark a circle on the photo you want to frame. Cut out the circle using scissors. The circle should be just a bit wider than the outside of the ring.
- Glue photos to rings by drawing a thin bead of glue on the rim of the cardboard ring. Glue the photo circle in place. Consider gluing the photo to the front of the ring so it stands out from the wall, or to the back of the ring so you can peer in at it.
- When all the rings are done and dry, use a little white glue on the side of the rings to glue them together.
- Hang the rings on the wall by putting up a few pushpins or small nails and slipping the rings over them.
Do you have a fun and interesting DIY art project for the home? Let us know and also upload some photos into the Apartment Therapy LA Flickr pool.
Check out more art projects for the home from Apartment Therapy:
- Flickr Find: DIY Map Shade and Shelf Above Window
- Cartonnistes DIY Cardboard Furniture
- DIY Nakashima-Esque Table