We are looking forward to the official start of Spring this Friday. Warmer weather, more sunlight and spring cleaning fever. Embrace the start of the season with a little DIY by creating a new succulent garden for you space. After the jump, check out the easy steps to make your very own.
1) Pick up a shallow and wide garden pot.
2) Cactus soil will be your base and can be found at any home store like Home Depot or Lowes. Pack the soil nicely. If you prefer for a lighter pot, layer packing peanuts on the bottom halfway and then soil on top. Fill it up to 1" to the top.
3) Enjoy your favorite succulents. There are tons to choose from and they are super affordable. For a 5" pot, get about 4 succulents. Dig a bit with your fingers and place the succulent. Cover the hole with soil.
4) Pick up some river rocks. You can find colored rocks at garden centers. Once all the plants are in, layer the entire top with rocks.
5) Place you newly designed plant inside or outside and enjoy!
Check out more DIY ideas from Apartment Therapy: