What You Need
Sheets of brightly colored scrap paper
Clear jewelry cord (we used Stretch Magic)
Blender or food processor
Rags or old towels
Computer with Internet connection
1/16" hole punch
X-acto knife or scissors
1. Tear the scrap paper into small bits.
2. Put the paper bits into the blender or food processor with 1/4 cup of water; pulse several times.
3. Add more water a tablespoon at a time, pulsing after each addition, until the individual scraps of paper become indistinguishable and the mixture is a thick pulp.
4. Over a sink, pour the pulp into the strainer. Gently press on the pulp to extract moisture.
5. Add about five drops of essential oil.
6. Place a paper towel on a rag and invert the strainer onto the towel (if the pulp does not form a thick, even mass, return it to the strainer, swirl with a few drops of water, and invert strainer again).
(Image: Kristina Hoglund / ReadyMade)