Even fans of the big retailer's affordable finds know that it can sometimes be difficult to have a "grown-up" looking place when sporting the same IKEA pieces as everyone else. Those without the time or means to hack their pieces into a custom look will find inspiration in the fact that when mixed with flea market vintage finds, other affordable furnishings, some high-end pieces, and a dash of personality, IKEA pieces blend beautifully into your home's overall look.
Need proof? You'll find it in the eight house tours below that feature their own successful mixes of IKEA and personal style.
1. Lauren's Happy, Inspired Studio: A gallery wall of frames and striped sofa blanket from IKEA mix with flea market finds and knit pillows from Serena and Lily.
2. Jessica & Scott's East Coast Nest: In the living room, a white IKEA coffee table blends with a rug from West Elm and custom-upholstered furniture pieces.
3. Jessica & Scott's East Coast Nest: Orange and white IKEA dish towels mingle with a stenciled floor in the kitchen.
4. Kim & Kyle's Graceful Home: An IKEA area rug works gracefully with furniture from Room & Board, CB2, Crate & Barrel and more.
5. Kim & Kyle's Graceful Home: White IKEA picture frames look great with global art and a dining table from World Market.
6. James and Dom's Patience in Pilsen: IKEA Shelving houses books, magazines and graphic novels.
7. Jessica's Mix & Match Studio: An IKEA dresser in the closet complements a gorgeous vintage dresser in the living area.
8. Ken and His Belle of New York: IKEA's Tirup Swivel Chair blends beautifully with furniture from Z Gallerie, CB2, West Elm and more.