dangers of sitting down for long periods of time, especially in front of your computer during your work day, we've been looking at different ways of creating our own standing desks. While some of the desks that we've found aren't as polished as others, there are easy ways of spending your day standing up, working without ever sitting down.
Standing desks are an easy way of staying healthy while working for long hours in front of your computer. While standing desks aren't suitable for everyone, they can help with the lethality of sitting down for more than 8 hours in a row.
1. Hacked IKEA Expedit Standing Desk With Built-In Look: This is by far one of the most sleek-looking DIY standing desks that we've come across. While it isn't cheap (IKEA parts cost about $230) it does make up for this with its incredible looks and bountiful storage.
2. A Standing Desk With Room for Storage Underneath: Unlike the previous desk, this one is a lot cheaper. You can probably easily cobble the parts together without spending too much money. We love the available storage and the overall modern look of this standing desk.
3. Jeff's Handcrafted Standing Desk: Although not everyone can put together such a beautiful desk, if you can do so, check out what Jeff came up with for his own standing desk solution. It was handcrafted and the luxurious stain sets this desk apart.
4. Standing Desk Thanks to Floating Shelves: Floating shelves can make interesting standing desks, if space is an issue and you want to keep costs down. It's also an easy way of trying out this setup at home, before deciding on a larger-scale desk.
5. The IKEA Jerker Treadmill Desk Hack: This takes the whole standing desk to another level by integrating a treadmill in a workstation. While you don't have to run, just walking will make a big difference in your health.