Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- Arlington, VA
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- I love the originality of the apartment. At about 75 years old, the apartment boasts tons of interesting character that is unique to my space. I try to compliment that originality with vintage finds and DIY projects. I also dig the awesome light that my apartment (specifically the bedroom) gets in the morning.
- Three of My Best Tips and Tricks for Creating a Successful Small Space:
- 1. Try to only have objects sitting out that you need/use on a regular basis. It's SO easy to clutter up a small space in no time, so practicality is key.
2. I like to maintain a pretty neutral color palette with only a few moments of strong color sprinkled throughout the apartment. Without much wall space to work with, keeping most of the space neutral will help it feel a little bit larger, in my opinion. That doesn't mean it has to be boring, though!
3. Go vertical. I like to hang items on the wall that are oriented vertically (like the ladder in my bedroom). I think that it makes the ceiling feel a little higher, which makes the space feel bigger overall.
See all entries