The mantel: It's the centerpiece of the holiday season, the place where stockings hang, cozy fires roar and cards from your nearest and dearest sit like sprinkles on a cupcake. In honor of this festive architectural accent, we've rounded up a few of our favorite mantels from house tours past.
Check out our picks, and don't forget the best way to decorate the top of the mantel: holiday cards from Cardstore!
1. Adam's DIY Ode to Ornamentalism. This mantel is jam-packed just enough with quirky antiques.
2. Deirdre's Classically Elegant Brooklyn Brownstone. The sleek accents contrast the warm wood of this classic fireplace.
3. Andi & Dean's Modern Meets Victorian. The sky-high mirror and family of blue ceramics are perfection on white-washed brick.
4. Charlie's Charming Townhouse. Painting in the fireplace—genius!
5. David & Jennifer's Handmade Home. Love the orange lamp and the free-standing stove (with shiny pipe fitting!).
6. Lisa's Earthy Vintage Modern. Have a seat next to this cozy fireplace full of candles.
7. Grainne & Ian's Characterful Collection in Edinburgh. The bold choice to go blue paid off in a big way.
8. Natalie and Krešimir's Art and Music. The decor on this mantel is perfectly balanced, and the logs are an awesome touch.
9. Phil & Vicki's Halloween House in Providence. Double mantel! This one is sporting an awesome array of old photos and clever knickknacks.
10. The Roberts' Playful Wonderland West End Townhouse. The Roberts somehow make a black mantel dramatic and cozy.
11. Deans Court: William & Ali's Ancestral Home. Gilded and gorgeous.
12. Zoie's Central London Sanctuary. Light, bright and simple—with plenty of room for holiday greetings!