Bunting is so festive and celebratory and we've been tickled to see it re-emerge as a popular DIY project. But why should your parties and decor see all the bunting action? Shoe bunting will help you celebrate life's big and little achievements — from a birthday to a job promotion to kicking the winning goal at the game. Here's our quick and easy tutorial to make your own:
What You Need
- washi tape
- string, twine or yarn
- bamboo skewers
1. Cut an 8" piece of twine, string or yarn.
2. Cut 4-5 pieces of decorative washi tape about 1.5" long and spread them across the twine so that the twine hits them in the center.
3. Turn the twine over and fold over each piece of washi onto itself.
4. (optional) Cut washi ends into points or other decorative shape.
5. Tie twine ends onto bamboo skewers.
6. Insert into shoes, strike up the band and you're off!