Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- Baltimore, MD
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- I actually love the dinginess of this apartment. When we lived in a newly remodeled apartment I never quite felt at home, and many of my quirkier possessions and art pieces looked out of place rather than like treasured items. I find it easier to dress up a run-down space than to force character onto a sterile one.
- Biggest Challenge of Living in a Small Space
- Finding a way to curate our beloved clutter so that it feels intentional rather than chaotic. The other main challenge was just finding a layout that works for us. There are three distinct rooms in this apartment, which makes it seem larger than it is, but they are all very small spaces. We did a lot of re-arranging and furniture purging before we landed on our current layout.
- If I am the Grand Prize winner of Small Cool, the item(s) or project(s) from my home design wishlist that I'd like to spend my winnings on are:
- I would buy a proper adult bed with a frame and headboard. I've been sleeping on this mattress since my first apartment and it was cheap to begin with. Next on my list would be updating my IKEA Klippan sofa to something with a little more character. In addition to being dull, it has also become a nightmare to keep clean. We got the white couch before we adopted our shedding black dog.
See all entries