Name: Mariam (17 months)
Location: Houston, TX
At the beginning of the year, I decided that I wanted to update the nursery. My primary focus was adding in chic décor and delicate details to transform it into a sweet and elegant nursery.
The nursery is my favorite room in the house with it's cathedral ceiling and stained glass windows. The girls and I spend a lot of time in there reading, playing, or just laying on our backs - staring at the light beaming through the windows and daydreaming.
When I first designed the nursery I had seen pink and tan on an article of clothing and fell in love with that combination. It's no secret that I'm a big fan of pink and elegant details. I gained a lot of inspiration from gorgeous décor I came across online and worked the room around the items I wanted to put in the nursery. I'm also a huge fan of gold.
As the founder and designer of FHJ Baby, the bow window valance, faux fur rug, gold heart picture, wood love script, and sequin script pillow were designed or made by me, and it was also fun getting to know a few other shops that helped contribute into turning it into my dream nursery.
- Gold Sequin Hanger: Oh Deer Ceative Shop
- Damask Stencil for Wall: Royal Design Studio Stencils (Acanthus Trellis -Large)
- XOXO Gold Foil Print: Collectivity Lane
- Dream Big Gold Foil Print: Abby & Grace
- Pink Satin Rose Ball in Urn/Beveled mirror: Hobby Lobby
- Clothes Stand for Ballet Tutu: IKEA
Thanks, Francis! Readers, you can see more of Francis by visiting her blog, It's a Pink Life.
• MY ROOM ARCHIVE
• SUBMIT A BABY OR KID'S SPACE
(Image credits: Francis)