- Lake Hopatcong, NJ
- United States
- What do you love about your bedroom?:
- This room is on the small side for a Master Bedroom (around 12 x 14). Just because it's small didn't mean I wanted to skimp on adding the things I love. In my case it just happened to be color and books. By placing the bookshelves on either side of the window we were able to create a little reading nook with two small scale chairs and a side table. I love that the room feels collected and very "us".
- What are your tips for creating a beautiful, healthy and organized bedroom?:
- Don't be afraid to bring in the things that you love. If you love books bring them in. If red is your thing, go for it. It's all about creating a room you want to be in and that starts with having the things that inspire surround you in your space.
To stay organized choose pieces of furniture that combine closed and open storage. Our bookshelves have closed door storage on the bottom where we store extra blankets, the side tables have drawers for things like eyeglasses and contact lens solution, storage baskets house our sheets. Everything really needs to do double duty in a small space.
- In modern homes, bedrooms have become more than just a place to sleep; they can be a retreat, a home office, a library, a relaxation zone. What are some ways you make the most of your bedroom?:
- No matter what the size your room can live large. Create zones for the things you often enjoying doing in your bedroom as well as the things you need to do. We have a zones for sleeping, reading and organizing.
Also try and think outside of the box, just because it's a bedroom doesn't mean you can't have a wall of books if that makes you happy. At the end of the day it's your space to enjoy and bring in the things you love. You'll never regret it.
More posts in My Bedroom Retreat
ATVideo of the Day