Winter is coming soon - and in the quest of avoiding it - I thought why not go for pastel for our bedroom style cure.
Here are some elements that will be part of the new décor.
- Paint. Magic Mint, P380-1 from Behr
- No-sew resolution banner from breathe happiness
- Pantone color swatch project. Paint on canvas. Frosty Melon, P220-1 from Behr
- Pillow Case from Pillow Time Girls
- Chair from West Elm
- 3 drawer chest project from IKEA
- Rug from West Elm
- Filing cabinet that serves as a closet from Oburo
- Drawing project
- Beaver Canoe throw from Target
I like the color in our bedroom as is, so the existing soft mint (number 1) will stay. Numbers 2, 3, 6, 9 are all projects.
For project number 2, I will simply follow the steps on breathe happiness.
For the Pantone color swatch project (number 3), I'll paint a 30" x 40" canvas in a peachy tone and use black paint for the letters and numbers. Hopefully it will turn out great and not look like an "obvious" DIY project. This painting will go above the bed so I really want it to look great, right?
I already bought two 3-drawer chests from IKEA for project number 6. All I need to do is stain the chest in a dark brown and paint the drawers in white so it is similar to the image.
The last project will be to draw two bananas and frame it. Yellow will add a little pop color to the décor and bananas are fun and easy to draw.
I've been busy with my projects. Time flies!
How are your projects going?