I've written a lot of posts about making room for more clothes in your dressers and closets, so it might not surprise you to know that I love menswear and fashion. So of course one of my favorite trends at High Point Market was all of the menswear inspired patterns. In showroom after showroom my eye spied stripes, plaids and other fashion patterns.
• The grey pinstripe sofa at Broyhill reminds me of a banker's suit.
• The glen plaid wing back from Drexel Heritage was a hit with the whole team on the showroom tour.
• Light gray pinstripe cantilevered chair &mdahs; next to the leather chair, it's almost like a suit and shoes.
• This plaid dresser at Hooker was inspired by the pattern of the tie shown. It was one of the few pieces that used the menswear inspiration on a surface other than fabric.
• The plaid ottoman at Cisco Brothers reminds me of a worn vintage overcoat from the 1960s, complete with a small patch.
(Images: Jason Loper)