When used in excess, maroon can look heavy and outdated. But just a bit of maroon can be rich and glamorous, especially if your accent is a well-chosen chair or unusual pendant light.
- A smart combination of maroon, cream, and wood makes for an ultra-chic dining room in this London home. From Staffan Tollgard Design Group.
- This bright, welcoming living room features a classic maroon couch updated with pops of yellow and blue. From Elle Decor Japan.
- A gorgeous maroon rug is all the color needed in this minimalist bedroom in Antwerp. From Love Nordic.
- The openwork maroon pendant lamp adds an unexpected shot of color to an eclectic dining nook. HGTV via DecorPad.
- Elegant wood furniture upholstered in solid purple and maroon fabrics looks chic against glass windows and foliage. Michael Wee via Desire to Inspire.
(Image credits: Staffan Tollgard; Elle Decor Japan; Love Nordic; DecorPad; Desire to Inspire)