News that Martha was sentenced to 5 months in jail spread quickly last Friday, and Martha herself wasted no time in orchestrating the next round of her "I'll be back!" tour, with a press conference outside the Federal Courthouse at which she urged people to support her by buying her products and new installments on her website, including her letter (actually two letters - one was switched) to Judge Cedarbaum and a video in which she discusses her case (not permitted until after sentencing). While we love Martha Stewart's creations, we have only a little sympathy for Martha and some advice: humor will win over all your enemies. For example,...
...look at Arnold Schwarzenegger, who - despite terrific bad taste and occasionally offensive behavior - strangely manages to endear himself to everyone around (see Schwartzenegger Calls Budget Opponents, "Girlie Men"). MGR
- Martha's official trial website (www.marthatalks.com)
- Martha Sentencing Aftermath (Gothamist)
- Martha's Letter to the Judge Shows Up Online, In Two Versions (NYTimes)
- Crybaby's Prison Rap (NYPost)
- 5 Months in Jail and Stewart Vows, "I'll be back" (NYTimes)