We have seen mason jars used time and again, indoors and out. They are great for canning, storage, beverages, flowers, lighting and... the list can go on and on. Really what can't they be used for? There is a reason that these little glass jars wear so many hats; they are timeless, versatile, charming and an inexpensive way to easily create a classic, carefree, nostalgic atmosphere. With outdoor entertaining just around the corner let's take a look at some creative ways to put mason jars to use at your next party.
Mason jars infuse the air with the feeling of good ol' country time nostalgia, when life was simple and you had time to sit out in the field at the end of a beautiful summer's day and sip on some lemonade. Incorporating them into your next party can help give that cheerful and relaxed summer feeling we all strive for at this time of year.
- Use a tree to string up a bunch of jars at different heights and fill them with candles for this beautifully enchanting look. via the cherry grove.
- Fill them up with a variety of ice cream flavors and keep them frozen in a bucket of ice. via in honor of design.
- Use them to hold toppings for an ice cream sundae or pie party. via symphanie.
- Fill them individually with your favorite summer beverage, throw in a slice of fresh fruit and put them on ice. via in honor of design.
- String up twinkle lights and bunch some into your hanging jars as you go along or you can buy them here.
- Create wire hanging frames for your jars, tie some cloth around them and hang filled with tea lights. via jasfitz.
- DIY wire hangers.
- Make fresh fruit spritzers. via The Nate Show.
- Make individual servings of red velvet or birthday cake.
- Use them as vessels for floating candles. via emmalinebride.com
- Use chalkboard paint on the glass to create table settings. Instructions via emmalinebride.com
- Float fresh flowers in them. via intimate weddings.
- Fill with sand, a tea light and hang and with a ribbon from your favorite tree or overhang. via glam scene.
- Tie ribbon around them and fill them with your favorite candy or goodie. via intimate weddings.
- Or use them in the classic way for a beautiful bouquet of freshly cut flowers. Learn to paint them antique blue yourself here via bridalbuzz.
Images: as linked above