In December, Meg Duerksen of the famed Whatever blog gave us a tour of her colorful playroom at our sister site, Ohdeedoh, and now she's generously opened the doors of her master bath to us in honor of kitchen and bath month. It's a great mix of laid back comfort and glittery luxury, DIY projects and professional updates. FIRST ROW
• 1 The vanity is an old buffet found by Meg's mom that Meg painted and turned into a generously sized sink.
• 2 We love the combination of dark grouted tiles — subway behind the bathtub and shower and beehive on the floor and the platform surrounding the tub — and painted beaded board in opposing directions, which give the bathroom vintage interest without being too theme-y.
• 3 This a great shot from the family craft room. It's fun to see the happy contrast between the vibrant craft room bursting with creativity and the serene bathroom steeped in calm.
• 4 The soaking tub complete with a re-purposed chandelier to heighten the glamor.
• 5 The entrance from the master bedroom.
• 6 Eclectic candle display.
• 7 They transformed what was once a window into the closet into a nook for displays and extra storage.
• 8 The mirror came from a bathroom renovation in their previous home.
• 9 The buffet before the transformation.
• 10 The before picture, this space has come a long way!
(Images: Meg Duerksen)