British designer Matthew Williamson is popping up everywhere we look lately — the new Matthew Williamson boutique opened last month in the Meatpacking District and Matthew's collaboration with H&M launches April 23. Last week I got a preview of the new rug collection from his collaboration with London-based The Rug Company and I could see his bold patterns and bright colors underfoot...
• 1 & 2 Our personal favorite in the collection is Tribe — hand-knotted Tibetan wool with a dash of Williamson's iconic color! ($87.50 a square foot)
• 3 & 4 Sunset — hand-knotted Tibetan wool. ($87.50 a square foot)
• 5 & 6 Peacock Light — hand-knotted Tibetan wool and silk. ($140 a square foot)
• 7 & 8 Peacock Dark — hand-knotted Tibetan wool and silk. ($140 a square foot)
While outside of the "affordable" range, these rugs are very high-quality and will last for years and years with proper care. Which Matthew Williamson rug would you choose?
(Images: The Rug Company, Aaron Able)
MORE MATTHEW WILLIAMSON
• Matthew Williamson's Color-Crazy London Home