- Nashville, TN
- Inspiration for my palette:
- It was actually the result of wanting something dramatic for a Christmas party. We bought new ornaments in bright (almost neon) blues, greens, pinks and oranges, so the dark color of the room really made the tree, lights and ornaments pop!
- Colors used in my room:
- We chose to use a smoky gray color called Antique Tin from Behr. Because the color was so dark and saturated, we wanted to lighten the room with a light linen beige and white accents.
- Tips for using color successfully:
- Don't fear the darkness. Sure, the room starts out looking like a cave, but the more you add to it, the lighter it can get. The key is to balance light pieces with the dark color to create a good balance. We still have some things to add, but with each accessory and piece of art, it gets lighter.
- Moody in Nature
More posts in Room for Color 2013
ATVideo of the Day