Los Angeles, CA
The nursery was nearly completed when we found out that we were going to be relocating from the SF Bay area back to our hometown of Los Angeles. We moved into our new apartment fifteen days before Mavis arrived, and those two weeks were spent ordering and installing all of the finishing touches. We were working on the nursery up to the very last minute, even hanging wall art while I was in labor.
My husband and I knew right away that Mavis' room would be white with pops of color, but found it difficult to commit to a color other than grey. We painted the wood base of the crib with a water-based grey paint, which gave it a clean, modern look. We saw the rug on a design blog in grey, but decided to purchase it in aqua since the grey was on back order at the time, which forced us to commit to an actual color.
• New Gloucester rocking chair: Thos Moser
• Crib: Walmart Baby Mod Olivia
• Garland: Oeuf
• Heart and bird prints, pillows, and mobile: Etsy
• SF and LA maps: These Are Things
• Alphabet print: Honey & Bloom
• Case Study Unit: Modernica
• Rug: Urban Outfitters
• Shelves, curtains, storage bench: Ikea
• Storage bins: Crate and Barrel Outlet
Thanks, Meg! Readers, visit Meg at Meg + Micah.
(Images: Meg + Micah)