- Max Winkler
- Denver, CO
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- This is an apartment that has allowed us to truly explore our ability to think creatively within a budget and the restraints of being a renter. To maintain our mutual eclectic aesthetic while considering storage, utility, and impermanence has been an extremely gratifying experience that we look forward to developing and expanding.
- Biggest Challenge of Living in a Small Space:
- Our biggest challenge was finding a solution for all of Kristen's clothes (and there are a lot). By utilizing the existing bones of the house to guide us (French doors leading from bedroom to living room) and keeping in mind that any solution would have to be temporary, we decided on creating a faux curtain wall (king size bed sheets) with two vertically suspended clothes rods from the ceiling that fill a common dead space behind the couch. It has been the most transfomative project that we have conquered yet.
- If I am the Grand Prize winner of Small Cool, the item(s) or project(s) from my home design wishlist that I'd like to spend my winnings on are::
- Projects that we have on the horizon that are simply out of our budget currently would have to include a custom automated deck garden surrounding our entire 2nd level outdoor space. Also, we would love to design and build some sort of bike pulley/storage system to take advantage of the soaring ceiling in our stairwell leading up into the apartment. This would allow us to winter our bikes inside away from the Colorado snow.
More posts in Small Cool 2013
ATVideo of the Day