Do you have a quiet, meditative space at home? As it's Escapes Month at AT we wanted to highlight Sondra and Ron's meditation room. Even without the perfect attic space, we can still take away some great ideas from Sondra and Ron... and perhaps even create a quiet meditation space in our own homes. Tips below the jump...
Below are elements we noticed about Sondra and Ron's meditation room that make the space soothing.
- comfortable seating
- warm, wood furniture
- natural light (Sondra and Ron installed a skylight)
- reading lamps so the room can be used at night
- soft, warm-colored rug
- plain walls with a few favorite artworks
Nice personal touches:
- neatly piled writing journals
- candles and incense
- a few favorite knick-knacks
Do you have a quiet space at home? Are any of these elements part of that space?