There comes a time and a place when you can no longer stomach wires. There can be many reasons for this: maybe your home office is rocking a very minimal look, or you just hate wires with a passion. Needless to say, wireless speakers have come a far way from their humble beginnings, and while they still can't beat wired ones, there are some viable and affordable options available...
1. Jawbone BIGJAMBOX: This speaker is a lot bigger than the smaller JAMBOX, but it delivers better sound thanks to its larger size. The benefit of the BIGJAMBOX is that it's got a rechargeable battery that will last 15 hours, so you won't even have a power cord to leash this speaker to an outlet.
2. Audyssey Wireless Speakers: These minimal-looking speakers are naturally Bluetooth-compatible, and won't look out of place on your desk or hidden amongst your books on a shelf. Two 0.75-inch tweeters are combined with two 3-inch woofers and two 4-inch passive bass radiators to deliver stereo sound.
3. Acoustic Research AW880: These speakers come as a pair and features 1.5-inch tweeters as well as 3-inch woofers. They've got an effective transmitting range of 150 feet, so you can place them almost anywhere in your home.
4. SONOS Play 5: The Play:5 is more expensive than the other speakers in this roundup, but it's supposed to deliver better sound, wirelessly.
5. Bose Soundlink Mobile Speaker: Just like the BIGJAMBOX, the Soundlink is a somewhat bigger speaker, which you can lug around if you choose, but it can also serve well as an indoor speaker.
MORE SPEAKERS POSTS ON APARTMENT THERAPY:
• Best Stylish and Compact Speakers
• iOS Docks Where Sound Takes Center Stage
• Affordable Headphones Amps
• Best Handcrafted Powered Speakers from Etsy
(Images: Chris Perez, Sonos)