- Atlanta , GA
- United States
- What do you love about your bedroom?:
- I love that our bedroom is for relaxation and romance. The colors, textures, and lighting make it a serene escape no matter the time of day. We get beautiful natural light during the day, and use table lamps at night to achieve a warm-lit glow. To pull the entire room together, we mounted a floating wall shelf above the dresser that holds the first original work of art we purchased on our honeymoon in Granada, Spain. It's a gorgeous watercolor of the Alhambra with green, gold, white, black, and shades of purple which I've used to inspire the color palette for the room. There is enough space for us to have a generous vanity, with a reclaimed wood console and a vintage white-wood cupboard for my jewelry. Because of the floor-to-ceiling sliding door that leads to the balcony, we have an incredible view of the Atlanta skyline that we can lie in bed and watch.
- What are your tips for creating a beautiful, healthy and organized bedroom?:
- 1. Storage is important. Clutter on table surfaces and clothes lying everywhere will definitely kill the mood (for both romance, and relaxation.)
2. Lofting the bed and/or investing in a box spring can add a touch of luxury to slipping under the covers.
3. Comfortable bedsheets and throw pillows are a must! Although sequin-covered or burlap-sack throw pillows may look perfect, they don't make for happy cheeks!
4. Use colors and textures that make you happy, promote sweet dreams, and speak to the intimate parts of your personality that you don't always get a chance to share in the other spaces of your home.
- In modern homes, bedrooms have become more than just a place to sleep; they can be a retreat, a home office, a library, a relaxation zone. What are some ways you make the most of your bedroom?:
- We really use the bedroom as a respite from the other spaces in our home. Whereas our living and dining area are made for entertaining, our bedroom has a serene glow to it. We (or, I) light candles, play LPs and slow dance, read late into the night, and take the time to enjoy the view in the early mornings and evenings. Because our bedroom leads directly onto the balcony, we can't wait for summer to enjoy a glass of wine at our very own rooftop happy hour!
ATVideo of the Day