We love Emeco chairs almost as much as we love splashing in puddles (because honestly, is there anything better?) and that's really saying something. So when we heard they're releasing a new line of their classic aluminum chairs that are made from 100% recycled Coca-Cola bottles, well color us elated... and curious!
Although we might be not be big Coca-Cola drinkers (thank you Soda Stream), we do have great respect for a company that realizes a need in their company and solves it with such a great by-product.
- Each chair is made from no fewer than 111 20oz rPET plastic bottles and is replicated from the patented design of Emeco's aluminum 1006 Navy Chair which has been in production since 1944.
- It comes in 6 colors curated by Laura Guido-Clark. They are, Coca-Cola Red, Snow (white), Flint (light grey), Grass, Persimmon and Charcoal
- The chair is safe for extended use outdoors. The red can live outside for 2 years and the others for up to 5.
- It's $230, almost half the price of the aluminum 1006 Navy Chair.
- It's available in the U.S. exclusively from Design Within Reach Studios and online at DWR.
The chair debuts in Milan next month and you can expect it to hit stores and online retailers shortly there after. Although we love Emeco's products for their longevity and the strength that their typical aluminum frame gives them, we think this is a great addition to their line of products.
Check out more photos from the recent "Ice" photoshoot of this cool (pun intended) new product over at Dezeen.