Blogger: Sarah Rae Trover
Started at Re-Nest: Early 2009
Lives in: Kansas City, KS
I usually leave it to Sarah Rae to come up with the quirkiest, most creative posts on upcycling, repurposing, and thrifty living. She and her husband are in the process of turning an old church into their home, so she is full of project ideas and DIY tips, from cleaning to craft projects.
Meet Sarah Rae
You most enjoy writing about… salvaged, repurposed and reused material projects.
Your personal home style is… Salvaged Modern Industrial. That's a thing, right?
Your green home must-have is… lots of southern windows.
Your ideal Saturday morning is… spent digging through auction finds and salvage stores without any later obligations. The dirtier the find, the better!
What's on your nightstand? Cell phone, fresh flowers and potentially a few dust bunnies.
Where you go for inspiration/info/help? To be quite honest I pull more inspiration from design blogs and parent blogs than "green blogs." I'd rather look at something un-green and then figure out how to do it myself and make it more eco-friendly.
DIY or buy? Both, but I DIY what I can and then buy the rest!
Favorite CFL or LED lightbulb brand? I'm quite curious to test out the new EcoSmart LED down lights. Although I'm all for saving energy, the color of the light emitted really matters in our space and these look like the best of both worlds!
Favorite green paint brand and color? I'm fond of Olympic Premium paints as you can find them easily at Lowe's and can get it in any color you want.
This year you're going to… turn a church sanctuary into my living room, a stage into a restaurant grade kitchen, and tackle more landscaping than any rational human should ever have to.
Posts by Sarah Rae
- How I Made Two 10-Foot Christmas Trees In An Evening
- How Owning 160 White Plates Has Saved Us Money
- How To Clean Your Bathtub with a Grapefruit and Salt
- 12 Ways to Use a Bookcase In Your Home
- How To Make a Hinged Tabletop from Hollow Core Doors
- Life Skills Tip: Take an Upholstery Class
- 7 Ways to Use Doilies in a Fresh and Modern Way
- Tip: Shine Stainless Steel with Flour
- 5 Ways to Get Your Grow on in a Small Space
- Stylish Storage: Label Your Accessories with Wool
(Images: See linked posts for full image credits)