Coffee Siphon: The Cheaper, Greener Way To Make Coffee
Though Range has only been writing for Re-Nest since November of this year, he's no stranger to the Apartment Therapy family. He's been blogging over at Unplggd since July 2007, and we're happy that he's now sharing his eco tech expertise with Re-Nest readers.
You most enjoy writing about: green energy, handmade stuff, energy efficient appliances, LED lights.
Your personal home style is: DIY minimal with lots of wood.
Your green home must-have is: a coffee syphon and a Dyson vacuum.
Your ideal Saturday morning is: spent sleeping, recovering from a hard week of work.
What’s on your nightstand? cell phone (alarm clock), alarm clock (to quickly check the time), asthma inhaler, lamp, book.
Where you go for inspiration/info/help: Inhabitat, Etsy, just plain research when subjects come to mind.
DIY or buy? Sometimes DIY and sometimes buy.
Favorite CFL or LED lightbulb brand? GE does some good LED bulbs. For CFL, I use Philips.
This year you’re going to: continue with some DIY renovations of our duplex, with the bathroom and kitchen to finish.
Posts from Range
• 10 Handmade Gifts for Gadget Lovers
• What To Do With Your Christmas Tree After the Holidays
• Energy Efficient LED Christmas Light Decorations
• LED Bulbs vs. CFLs: Worth It In the Long Run?
• Using a Rice Cooker as a Slow Cooker
• Recommended Solar Sensor Lights?
• Dentsu Green Vending Machines Grow Veg Without Sun
• New Energy Efficient Computer Monitors Powered By LEDs
• DIY Snack Bags Made from Old Magazines
• Ecowasbal: 1,000 Washes With No Detergent? Apparently
(Images: see linked posts for full image credits)