: Sarah Starkey
Started at Re-Nest
: January 2011
: Brisbane, Australia
As our resident Australian contributor, Sarah keeps us up to date on what's happening down under, but she's also a fierce resource for creative decorating ideas and practical How-Tos that are applicable to everyone!
You most enjoy writing about
: DIYs and How-Tos. Writing for Re-Nest gives me an excuse to try every 'wouldn't it be cool if...' idea I think of!
Your personal home style is
: Busy... in a good way! Loads of thrifted finds, colourful hand made pieces and projects on the go.
Your green home must-have is
: A garden. Big or small, a house is a home when it has a garden. And loads of natural light.
Your ideal Saturday morning is
: Lying in. Hot tea and boiled eggs. Following the sun as it moves through the house.
What's on your nightstand?
Books, my drink bottle, and presently, my cat.
Where you go for inspiration/info/help?
I am an inspiration hoarder. I have too many favourites in my reader to even think about, but my magazine collection includes: Peppermint Magazine
, Dumbo Feather
, Four Thousand
, Green Magazine
, and Frankie
. And I love getting out, meeting new people and finding myself in places I never knew existed doing something I never dreamed I'd do.
DIY or buy?
If I can DIY it well, DIY all the way. But I know when a DIY isn't up to scratch and there are so many fantastic local and green minded designers doing amazing things with green technologies that I support that whenever I can.
Favorite CFL or LED lightbulb brand?
I think we buy Phillips, It's been a while... and that's a good thing!
Favorite green paint brand and color?
I have heard a lot of good things about ecolour
, but I haven't tried it yet.
In 2011 you're going to
: Make my own fruit bread, visit far north Queensland, buy a bell tent, and enjoy every second of every day.
Posts by Sarah
• 10 Painted Pieces: Making Old Loves Work in New Homes
• All The Basics You Need To Start Gardening
• 10 Budget Art Projects: Framable, Upcycled And Affordable
• How Green is Green: Plastic Recycling Symbols Explained
• 15 Repurposed Planters: Just Add Dirt!
• How To Clean Burnt Pans With Vinegar and Baking Soda
• How To Make Your Own Indoor Compost Bin
• 10 Bedside Tables That Aren't: Repurposed Bedside Storage
• Inspiration: Decorating with Grass
• 10 Tips To Manage Rubbish Without Plastic Bags
(Images: see linked posts for full image credits)