Blogger: Tiffany Finley
Started at Re-Nest: Summer 2010
Lives in: St. Paul, Minnesota
Tiffany's posts often feature upcycled DIY projects (usually ones she's done herself), but she's also equally comfortable showcasing unusual design concepts or talking about the latest tools to help consumers understand sustainable initiatives and policies. Her interests are broad, and as a result, we get to read about a variety of green products and ideas.
You most enjoy writing about: sustainable lifestyles, DIY and creative reuse projects along with the superstars on Etsy that never cease to amaze me with their creativity.
Your personal home style: A mixture of french country, modernized traditional, and shabby chic. Anything inviting with a touch of class and old world charm.
Your green home must-have: natural lighting! Can't work without it.
Your ideal Saturday morning: Biking down to the Farmer's market and cooking up a feast for friends and family.
What's on your nightstand? An alarm clock, candles, a flower-shaped lamp, and a good book.
Where you go for inspiration/info/help: Anything by Emerson, Friedman, or Karl Henrik Robert, Etsy, Design*Sponge, Environmental News Network, Plan B and all its editions, Inhabitat, Treehugger, Real Simple, Yanko Designs, and from my work with people on sustainability issues.
DIY or buy? DIY almost always because you can personalize it, even if it's not perfect, and you learn something along the way.
Favorite green paint brand and color? I love the Old Fashioned Milk Paint Company in Salem Red mixed with between 75-90% snow white. (It makes a pretty petal rose/pink color.)
This year you're going to: help renovate a family's house with some eco-upgrades and DIYs and kick off some sustainability leadership courses with my consulting company.
Posts from Tiffany
• Post Consumer Waste Packaging That Gets It Right
• Vintage Board Games: Great Brands, History, and Care Tips
• Corrugated Cardboard as Art
• The Modular and Recyclable Laptop You Can Disassemble Yourself
• Bright, Handmade 100% Cotton Rugs: Prairie Rugs
• 5 Things To Know About Upholstered Furniture
• Concrete Floors Turned Beautiful
• Handmade Soap Dispensers: From A Bottle of Jack to Seltzer
• Aid To Artisans: A Different Take on Fair Trade
• Cleanse the Closet: Tips for Organizing and Clearing Out
(Images: see linked posts for full image credits)