Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- New Orleans, LA
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- Our house is over 100 years old and I love the historic details - the giant, brick fireplace, the barge board floors that have darkened naturally with age, and the beamed, cathedral ceiling in the main room. I love imagining the lives of people who lived here before me and am proud that through our own renovations, the house has been preserved for years to come.
- Biggest Challenge of Living in a Small Space
- Our house is compact but efficient. There is a secret hidden storage area built out above the beams on one side as well as large storage cubbies above each bedroom closet (a feature typical of historic New Orleans homes). Additionally, we built a small shed on the back deck in order to store gardening supplies and tools. While the size of the house limits what we can bring in furniture wise, I appreciate the fact it makes us think carefully about acquiring new possessions and requires us to live more minimally.
- If I am the Grand Prize winner of Small Cool, the item(s) or project(s) from my home design wishlist that I'd like to spend my winnings on are:
- I would love to rip out the dingy carpet (which I currently cover with rugs) in our spare bedroom and put in wood floors like the rest of the house.
See all entries
More posts in this series
Small Cool 2013