Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- Indianapolis, IN
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- Our apartment was built in the 1920’s, complete with an adorable, European-style backyard and old-school fire escape. It has cracks in the walls, uneven flooring, and exposed pipes — just to name a few of its “eccentricities.” Over the last five years, we repainted, replaced, revived, and renewed. Then we thinned, added, and combined to create a space that is thoughtfully organized, comfortable, and totally us. It’s proof that you don’t have to live beyond your means to have everything you need.
- Biggest Challenge of Living in a Small Space
- STORAGE!!! Cliché, I know, but it’s true. In a small space, you have to be really cutthroat about what deserves to take up room and what doesn’t. But I’m a born minimalist and a natural at slashing and burning. I have absolutely no problem getting rid of things. I frequently ask myself, “How long has it been since I’ve used this?” That question always makes it easy to toss something.
- If I am the Grand Prize winner of Small Cool, the item(s) or project(s) from my home design wishlist that I'd like to spend my winnings on are:
- My fiancee and I have been dreaming of moving to Seattle. If we won, I'd definitely want to use the money to decorate our new pad by the sea!
See all entries
More posts in this series
Small Cool 2013