Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- Indianapolis, IN
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- Our apartment was built in the 1920’s, complete with an adorable, European-style backyard and old-school fire escape. It has cracks in the walls, uneven flooring, and exposed pipes — just to name a few of its “eccentricities.” Over the last five years, we repainted, replaced, revived, and renewed. Then we thinned, added, and combined to create a space that is thoughtfully organized, comfortable, and totally us. It’s proof that you don’t have to live beyond your means to have everything you need.
- Biggest Challenge of Living in a Small Space
- STORAGE!!! Cliché, I know, but it’s true. In a small space, you have to be really cutthroat about what deserves to take up room and what doesn’t. But I’m a born minimalist and a natural at slashing and burning. I have absolutely no problem getting rid of things. I frequently ask myself, “How long has it been since I’ve used this?” That question always makes it easy to toss something.
- If I am the Grand Prize winner of Small Cool, the item(s) or project(s) from my home design wishlist that I'd like to spend my winnings on are:
- My fiancee and I have been dreaming of moving to Seattle. If we won, I'd definitely want to use the money to decorate our new pad by the sea!
See all entries