- Oakland, CA
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- It's all mine! Well plus my 2 cats... and I love every nook and cranny of this space!
It's small enough to clean top to bottom in a couple of hours, but large enough to have guests over! I love having sleep overs with my niece, sister, and mom, and we are always quite comfortable within such a small square footage. I think thats because of the perfect layout and just the right sized furniture.
Living in a small space also let's me live in the neighborhood of my choice, step outside my apartment and you're at a lake and walking distance to everything. It's really amazing and I never want to leave.
- Three of My Best Tips and Tricks for Creating a Successful Small Space::
- 1. I love antiquing and thrifting with friends and family, but I keep myself to a simple rule, If I bring something new in, I take something out. That may mean sell, give away, or donate. It really helps keep my tiny apartment tidy with all my belongings.
2. I rearrange my apartment A LOT. It's always changing, so I only buy furniture that can change or adapt quickly. For example, I recently bought a new sectional sofa but I knew I had to shop for one that could be reversible. This is also important when you're a renter like me!
3. Only have things in your home that you're obsessed with! I surround myself with furniture, decor, and art that almost always has a story behind it that I love:) Having a small space has many perks, like cleaning and accessibility to everything, but the downside is that you are literally looking at all of your belongings ALL THE TIME, so they better make you happy!